Happy new year everyone!!
Did you know that 2011 will be the year of the rabbit?
It is expected to be a rather placid year, so we may want to go off to some quiet spot to lick our wounds, invest time in cooking delicious meals and look after each other after all the battles of the previous year. The Rabbit also makes a good entertainer and is a wonderful host. Pleasant and warm company, he has a good word to say of everyone and serve really nice nibbles. It looks like good taste and refinement will shine through everything, especially for our Nibblish readers!
Here is the recipe for a “little snack” we had after our dinner on NYE to welcome the rabbit year with style!
- 300g dark chocolate, in small pieces
- 300ml fresh cream
- splash of liqueur (cointreau or cognac)
- Macadamia and almonds, partly crushed
- fresh strawberries, banana, apples to serve
1. Place chocolate pieces into the small ceramic fondue bowl, positioned in a larger pan containing water that is at the simmering point.
2. Once melted, add the cream to the chocolate, whisk slowly until smooth. Stir in the splash of liqueur.
3. Add the macadamia nuts and almonds to the chocolate just before serving with the marshmallows and fresh fruits cut into bite size dices.
Make sure you hide anything that may vaguely look like a chocolate vessel, as your guests (like mine) may not be shy when it comes to warm & tasty chocolate! If you have any leftover chocolate and marshmallow, mix it all together and place into a plastic container in the fridge to improvise a Rocky Road!