This deliciously rich and creamy chocolate mousse will please everyone, from chocolate fanatic friends to kids! While really easy to prepare, the layers and chocolate shavings will make it look more special than the more classic uniform version.
Ingredients: (4 serves)
1 cup thickened cream
100g dark chocolate
100g white chocolate
4 large eggs (or 5 small), separated
1/3 cup caster sugar
1 pinch salt
small handful dark chocolate shavings
1. Whisk cream in a medium bowl until firm peaks form.
2. Melt the dark chocolate in a saucepan over medium heat, season with a pinch of salt, whisk in 2 egg yolks and fold in half of the whipped cream.
3. Repeat with white chocolate, but melting it in a splash of warm cream on very low heat to avoid caramelising it. Whisk in the egg yolks and fold in the remaining whipped cream.
4. Whisk the egg whites in a mxing bowl until soft peaks form and gradually add the sugar the mixture is thick and glossy. Fold half the egg white mixture into dark chocolate mixture until just combined. Fold the remaining egg white mixture into the white chocolate mixture until just combined.
5. Once fully cooled down, spoon the dark chocolate mixture among four glasses, top with the white chocolate mixture and sprinkle dark chocolate shavings on top. Place in fridge for 3 hours or until set.