Warm flambee bananas on a crepe with vanilla ice cream, chocolate and caramel sauces make one very decadent treat!
Ingredients: (serves 2)
1 large egg
1/4 cup plain flour
2/3 cup milk
Oil or butter, for greasing pan
1 splash of cognac
1 pinch of salt
1. Lightly whisk eggs in a medium bowl. Add the flour gradually and then the milk and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
2. Heat oil or butter into a large non stick pan. Pour some batter into the pan and quickly swirl the pan to produce a crepe and cook until the underside is lightly browned. Flip crepe and cook the other side until it has begun to colour. Remove cooked crepe from pan and place crepe on a plate. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
3. Heat a bit more oil or butter in the pan. Peel and halve the bananas horizontally and saute for a couple of minutes. Add cognac and allow to heat and ignite until the alcohol has burnt off.
4. To prepare the chocolate sauce, break the chocolate into rough pieces and melt it in a pan. Pour half of the cream in and mix with a wooden spoon until smooth and fully combined. Remove from the heat, add a pinch of salt, a splash of cognac if you wish and mix well.
5. For the caramel sauce, stir in the sugar in a separate pot and cook, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves and mixture just begins to simmer. Remove from the heat and stir in the rest of the cream until nice and smooth.
6. To serve, place a crepe on a plate and top with whipped cream, ice-cream and banana flambe. Drizzle with chocolate and caramel sauce. Et Voila!